The initial meeting held on October 27, 1925 in the home of Harry Gross was for the purpose of organizing the Glendora Volunteer Fire Company #1. Prior to this date the Glendora men had been members of the Chews Landing Company that answered calls in the Glendora area. On November 25, 1925 the first officers were elected and it was decided that Tuesday night would be the time to meet and is still the meeting night of the company.
The first ground purchased by the fire company was the 80’ x 100’ lot on Seventh Avenue for $ 900.00 dollars the first Chief was elected on December 29, 1925. On January 7, 1926 the Incorporation papers were completed and in July the by-laws were accepted.
The Naphas Brothers donated a truck to the company for the conversion to a fire truck; this truck answered its first call on September 13, 1926. The first truck purchased by Gloucester Township for the company was a 1928 Seagrave the second truck purchased was a1948 International.
On Labor Day of 1926 a wooden fire house was built by the fireman themselves for $ 200.00 dollars and was completed in one day. A cellar was dug for part of the present day hall. Today this part of the hall was completed at a cost of $20,000.00 dollars. Property was acquired east of the fire house for future expansion. A complete building renovation and expansion program was started in 1959 and completed in 1961 for a cost of $65,000.00 dollars.
1957 the Board of Fire Commissioner were elected to govern Fire District No.1 that is served by the Glendora Volunteer Fire Company. The sixties and the seventies saw new apparatus delivered to the fire company, a 1961 International 750 g.p.m. pumper, 1966 85ft. Peter Pirsch ladder truck. 1970 Ford/Great Eastern 1000 g.p.m. pumper and a 1972 International 300 g.p.m. Mini-Pumper.
In the early eighties another renovation took place bringing a new entrance modern facilities and a recreational room for the firefighters. On October 18, 1986 a new piece of apparatus was placed in service a 1985 Peter Pirsch 1500 g.p.m. Custom Pumper.
On November 17, 1925 ladies were invited to attend a meeting of the Fire Company for the purpose of interesting them in forming an auxiliary. The ladies meet for the first time on December 3, 1925. In May of 1926 the ladies auxiliary came to the assistance of the firefighters for the first time providing them with the money needed to buy a siren and later that year they gave them $ 200.00 dollars towards the building fund. Each year the ladies have presented the firefighters with a check ranging from $ 1,500.00 to $ 4,000.00 dollars, which is used for furnishing and equipment for the building, it has also helped fund this web-site.